Cuts & Collected Poems 1989-2015
About the book:
‘Cuts’ is Maria Haskins’ first collection of poetry written in English. Also included in this book are her three previously published and very well-received collections of poetry: ‘Blå’ (‘Blue’), ‘Honung’ (‘Honey’), and ‘Den tredje’ (‘The Third’). All three have been translated from the original Swedish to English by the author, and are available in English for the very first time.
- Amazon.com – Amazon.ca – Amazon.co.uk – Amazon.au – Amazon.de – Amazon.fr–Amazon.es – Amazon.it – Amazon.nl – Amazon.jp – Amazon.br – Amazon.in –Amazon.mx
- Apple iBooks – Barnes & Noble – Kobo – Smashwords
- Also available in paperback at Amazon & CreateSpace.
Swedish reviews of Maria Haskins’ poetry:
- “The poems…radiate an inner confidence. — …innocence is the neighbour of cruelty, or rather: it is rarely possible to tell them apart. — …she does not just have the courage to kill, but also the courage to write banality, to write peace, to write happiness, to write white as snow.” – Per Svensson, Expressen, April 4, 1989
- “very strong debut collection….” – Magnus William-Olsson, Aftonbladet May 6, 1989
- “has enough personal intensity and linguistic authority that you are prepared to continue listening… experiences of love and death, desire and horror are the volcanic forces in her poetry.” – Leif Nylén, Dagens Nyheter, April 10, 1989
- “writes with passion and great gravity” – Torkel Rasmusson, Dagens Nyheter, March 23, 1992
- “One does not doubt for a moment that she is formulating something that is crucial…” – Åsa Beckman, Dagens Nyheter March 30, 1995
You can read some of the poetry included in the book right here on my website: