- My books at Amazon.
- My books at Smashwords.
- My books at Barnes & Noble
- My books at Kobo
- My books at Apple iBooks
Release date: December 6, 2016
Eight stories of dark fantasy, science fiction, and horror. Featuring unicorns, pirates, a cat, a demon, magic, and glimpses of mythology (among other things) – there’s a pinch of everything in this collection of flash fiction! All eight stories originally appeared on R.B. Wood’s Word Count Podcast, and are now available as an ebook for the first time.
Release date: October 31, 2016
Whether you like your revenge with the molten fire of a fine old Scotch or the cool sweetness of a tasty meringue, the nineteen tales within these covers should offer something to assuage you.
Release date: September 6, 2016
We are more than what we say
And less than what we wish
Living together, separately,
United by division
Oh, People Are Strange
*12 Stories and 7 poems, inspired by 19 photographs*
Release date: August 19, 2016.
About the book:
Our world could have been so very different…
Eight stories take us on a journey into how our world could have been. What if the nukes had flown that day over Cuba? What if Caesar had survived? Imagine the Tunguska meteor with a different outcome. What if there was a true story behind HG Wells’ most famous tale? See the world as it might have been if China discovered the New World first. And what if all of this was never meant to be and dinosaurs ruled the Earth?
Authors Jessica Holmes, Daniel M. Bensen, Terri Pray, Rob Edwards, Maria Haskins, Cathbad Maponus, Leo McBride, and collaborators Brent A. Harris and Ricardo Victoria show us the world that might have been – if the butterfly’s wings had fluttered a different way, if the world changed between heartbeats, if a moment of decision saw another choice.
This is the fourth anthology from Inklings Press, aiming to provide a platform for new and upcoming authors and to open the door onto different worlds.
Cuts & Collected Poems 1989-2015
Release date: November 9, 2015
- Amazon.com – Amazon.ca – Amazon.co.uk – Amazon.au – Amazon.de – Amazon.fr–Amazon.es – Amazon.it – Amazon.nl – Amazon.jp – Amazon.br – Amazon.in –Amazon.mx
- Apple iBooks – Barnes & Noble – Kobo – Smashwords
- Also available in paperback at Amazon & CreateSpace.
About the book:
‘Cuts’ is Maria Haskins’ first collection of poetry written in English. Also included in this book are her three previously published and very well-received collections of poetry: ‘Blå’ (‘Blue’), ‘Honung’ (‘Honey’), and ‘Den tredje’ (‘The Third’). All three have been translated from the original Swedish to English by the author, and are available in English for the very first time.
Swedish reviews of Maria Haskins’ poetry:
- “The poems…radiate an inner confidence. — …innocence is the neighbour of cruelty, or rather: it is rarely possible to tell them apart. — …she does not just have the courage to kill, but also the courage to write banality, to write peace, to write happiness, to write white as snow.” – Per Svensson, Expressen, April 4, 1989
- “very strong debut collection….” – Magnus William-Olsson, Aftonbladet May 6, 1989
- “has enough personal intensity and linguistic authority that you are prepared to continue listening… experiences of love and death, desire and horror are the volcanic forces in her poetry.” – Leif Nylén, Dagens Nyheter, April 10, 1989
- “writes with passion and great gravity” – Torkel Rasmusson, Dagens Nyheter, March 23, 1992
- “One does not doubt for a moment that she is formulating something that is crucial…” – Åsa Beckman, Dagens Nyheter March 30, 1995
Release date March 16, 2015.
As an ebook:
Amazon.ca / Canada – Amazon.com / US – UK / United Kingdom – AU / Australia – DE / Germany – FR / France –ES / Spain – IT / Italy – NL / Netherlands – JP / Japan – BR / Brazil – MX / Mexico – IN / India
About the book:
Twelve science fiction short stories. Twelve glimpses of the future. Twelve visions of outer space, and the inner workings of the human mind.
These evocative science fiction short stories follow twelve individuals in a distant, or maybe not so distant, future. Each character is facing a challenge or choice that will change the course of their life, and might also affect the fate of humanity itself.
- “Complex and expertly crafted science fiction stories… Take a trip into the future with these twelve short stories. You won’t be disappointed.”
- “Through astonishing imagery and great character development each story of “Odin’s Eye” gives its own unique perspective on the human experience.”
Lost And Found
My science fiction short story ‘Lost And Found’ is available for free at Amazon, Smashwords, Apple iBooks, Kobo, and Barnes & Noble.
(Note Dec. 11, 2015: I’m having some trouble seeing the price as $0 on Amazon, but I can see that some free downloads have happened… so hopefully it’s working now!)
About ‘Lost And Found’:
Somewhere in the vast depths of space, a mission has gone horribly wrong. Now a woman is trapped all alone on an alien planet with nothing but her pain and her harrowing memories. At least, she thought she was alone…
Lost And Found is a chilling and evocative science fiction short story from Maria Haskins’ book ODIN’S EYE.
Two of my poems from ‘Cuts & Collected Poems 1989-2015’ are also included with this short story.
Get it FREE from Amazon Note Dec. 11, 2015: I’m having some trouble seeing the price as $0 on Amazon, but I can see that some free downloads have happened… so hopefully it’s working now!
Waiting For The Machines To Fall Asleep
Release date: May 6, 2015
A science fiction anthology featuring my short story “Lost And Found” from Odin’s Eye.
About the book:
26 short stories from the new wave of Swedish speculative fiction writers.
Forget about cheap furniture, meatballs and crime fiction. Sweden has so much more to offer. Waiting for the Machines to Fall Asleep contains twenty-six stories from the new generation of Swedish writers of science fiction and the fantastic. Stories ranging from space horror and post-apocalyptic nightmares to tender dramas. Stories with steampunk horses, android uprisings and cheeky goblins. Stories that are action-packed, wise, silly, beautiful, surreal and horrifying.
Kärlek i maskinernas tid (Love In the Time of the Machines)
Release date: October, 2014
A Swedish science fiction anthology published by Affront Förlag in Sweden. It includes my short story ‘Bethel’, available in English in ODIN’S EYE.