My name is Maria Haskins. I’m a mom, wife, writer, Swedish-Canadian, and translator. I was born and grew up in Sweden, and debuted as a writer there, but moved to Canada in the early 1990s. Currently, I’m located just outside Vancouver with two kids, a husband, and a very large black dog.
I write speculative fiction and poetry. My short fiction has appeared in Shimmer, Gamut Magazine, Flash Fiction Online, Phobos, Bracken, and elsewhere.
Sign up for my Mostly Harmless Newsletter, if you like. (Sent out every other month, sometimes once a month. No spam, ever.)
Contact email: maria.haskins68 @ gmail.com
- Short fiction & poetry available online and elsewhere
- Books & anthologies in current release
- Previously published works in Sweden
- My books at Amazon.
- My books at Smashwords.
- My books at Barnes & Noble
- My books at Kobo
- My books at Apple iBooks
I am also a Certified Translator (Swedish to English / English to Swedish), and member of the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia.
- In Samovar, December 2017
- In Shimmer #39
- In Chloe N. Clark’s TinyLetter: “It’s joyful and nourishing even when it’s frustrating”: An Interview with Maria Haskins
- In Capricious #7
- At bookscover2cover: Maria Haskins on science-fiction, fantasy, and music
- At Gwendolyn Kiste’s website: Music, Magic, and the Macabre: Interview with Maria Haskins
- At Maria Savva’s blog: An Interview With Maria Haskins
- At Helle Gade’s website: Meet author Maria Haskins.
- A chat with me at Lisette Brodey’s Writers’ Chateau: Chat with Maria Haskins.
- At Ben Ditmars’ website: And Now a Poetic Interview with Maria Haskins!
- At Eden Baylee’s website: Eden’s Exchange talks to author @MariaHaskins
Find me elsewhere online: