My name is Maria Haskins. I’m a mom, wife, writer, Swedish-Canadian, and translator. I was born and grew up in Sweden, and debuted as a writer there, but moved to Canada in the early 1990s. Currently, I’m located just outside Vancouver with two kids, a husband, and a very large black dog.
I write speculative fiction and poetry. My short fiction has appeared in Shimmer, Gamut Magazine, Flash Fiction Online, Phobos, Bracken, and elsewhere.
Contact email: maria.haskins68 @ gmail.com
- Short fiction & poetry available online and elsewhere
- Books & anthologies in current release
- Previously published works in Sweden
- My books at Amazon.
- My books at Smashwords.
- My books at Barnes & Noble
- My books at Kobo
- My books at Apple iBooks
I am also a Certified Translator (Swedish to English / English to Swedish), and member of the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia.
Sign up for my Mostly Harmless Newsletter, if you like.
- In Samovar, December 2017
- In Shimmer #39
- In Chloe N. Clark’s TinyLetter: “It’s joyful and nourishing even when it’s frustrating”: An Interview with Maria Haskins
- In Capricious #7
- At bookscover2cover: Maria Haskins on science-fiction, fantasy, and music
- At Gwendolyn Kiste’s website: Music, Magic, and the Macabre: Interview with Maria Haskins
- At Maria Savva’s blog: An Interview With Maria Haskins
- At Helle Gade’s website: Meet author Maria Haskins.
- A chat with me at Lisette Brodey’s Writers’ Chateau: Chat with Maria Haskins.
- At Ben Ditmars’ website: And Now a Poetic Interview with Maria Haskins!
- At Eden Baylee’s website: Eden’s Exchange talks to author @MariaHaskins
Find me elsewhere online: