Looking back on my last roundup, the one for December and January, feels a bit like peering back through time at some bygone era in the misty past. So much has happened, so much has changed fundamentally, that it’s difficult to really process it all right now. I’m glad to be here. I’m glad you are here, too.
- As always, you can support me on Patreon and get access to special content there. (If you’re not familiar with Patreon, find out more here: What Is Patreon?)
- You can also find me on Curious Fictions and support my work there.
- You can sign up for my Mostly Harmless Newsletter. (It’s basically this roundup, sent out every other month.)
My latest reviews and roundups
- The first installment of my new quarterly short fiction roundup is now at Strange Horizons! It’s called “Short Fiction Treasures“, and I am so thrilled to be writing for Strange Horizons.
- My February short fiction roundup at Curious Fictions.
- My March short fiction roundup at Curious Fictions.
- The audio versions of my monthly roundups are available on YouTube!
- My review of THE VOYAGES OF CINRAK THE DAPPER by A.J. Fitzwater
- My review of CITY OF A THOUSAND FEELINGS by Anya Johanna DeNiro
- My review of THE STONE WĒTĀ by Octavia Cade
Stories in the wild
- My short story “The Jagged Edge–an Astra Militarum Short Story” is now available from Black Library! Buy the ebook from Black Library / Amazon / Apple Books / Read more about the Warhammer 40K universe
- My story “Silver and Shadow, Spruce and Pine” was in the March issue of Flash Fiction Online. Read it / buy from Weightless Books / buy from Amazon / support FFO on Patreon.
- My story “Scent” (originally published in Flash Fiction Online) is now available at Gallery of Curiosities podcast, wonderfully narrated by Maria Rose. Listen. / Buy the Curiosities #5 anthology.
- My flash fiction story “Good Girl” is now available at Cast of Wonders, wonderfully narrated by Katherine Inskip.
- Read my flash fiction story “Maze and Buttons“, written for R.B. Wood’s Word Count Podcast.
- Read my flash fiction story “Come and See“, written for R.B. Wood’s Word Count Podcast.
Reviews & mentions
- My story “Cleaver, Meat, and Block” from Black Static was mentioned in the January speculative short fiction roundup at TOR.com!
- My story “The Jagged Edge”, set in the Warhammer 40K universe, received a fantastic review at Track of Words. Huge thanks to Michael for the write-up.
- Charles Payseur reviewed my story “Silver and Shadow, Spruce and Pine” from Flash Fiction Online at Quick Sip Reviews.
- My flash fiction collection Dark Flash 4 was reviewed at Altered Instinct.
- I was mentioned in fellow author Ricardo Victoria’s wonderful essay, “The Power of Hope”.
- My story “It’s Easy to Shoot a Dog”, originally published in Beneath Ceaseless Skies, will be part of the forthcoming Flame Tree anthology “Footsteps in the Dark”. The full table of contents is at Flame Tree Publishing. Very excited to be part of this anthology, and the Flame Tree books are always gorgeous.
Bits & Bobs
- I had plans to write and publish my science fiction novella “A Brain Encased in Steel” as a serial on Patreon, but because of some life issues I’ve had to postpone the start of this project. It will still happen later this year, but for now, you can read the flash fiction piece that is the story seed for this novella: “Kaiju Outside Hope“, at Escape Pod.