My latest columns at B&N SciFi & Fantasy
- My August short fiction roundup.
- My September short fiction roundup.
- My review of STATE TECTONICS by Malka Older.
- Short Stories for Long Days: 13 Recent Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Collections.
Short story roundups on my blog:
Stories in the wild
- The Librarian at Cast of Wonders, narrated by Katherine Inskip: listen / become a patron on Patreon / subscribe to the podcast.
- It’s Easy To Shoot A Dog in Beneath Ceaseless Skies #260. Read online / buy the issue / subscribe to BCS.
- Three Pieces of Gold, Three Pieces of Silver in Heroines: an anthology of short fiction and poetry: Buy the book.
- It Begins in the Garden in Aliterate. Read it / support on Patreon.
- Kaiju Outside Hope at Escape Pod (a flash fiction contest winner!) – listen / support on Patreon.
- Fräulein Maria on R.B. Wood’s Word Count Podcast. Read it. / Listen
- The Monster Hunter’s Last Lament on R.B. Wood’s Word Count Podcast. Read it. / Listen.
Pre-orders & a Kickstarter
- You can pre-order the anthology The Internet Is Where the Robots Live Now from Paper Dog Press. It has a gorgeous cover, and includes my story “The Maker” (set in northern Sweden), as well as a whole bunch of stories by an awesome group of writers. Pre-order it here.
- I also have a story in the anthology A Punk Rock Future that includes stories by Erica L. Satifka, Sarah Pinsker, Corey J. White, Spencer Ellsworth, and many other amazing authors. You can support this project on Kickstarter right now: support the anthology on Kickstarter.
- Two of my stories from 2017 are Honorable Mentions in Ellen Datlow’s Best Horror of the Year. Both “Metal, Sex, Monsters” from Gamut and “Hare’s Breath” from Shimmer were included. This is such an amazing honour, and it’s the first time this has happened to me. I am very grateful to Datlow for this honour!
- Charles Payseur reviewed “It’s Easy to Shoot A Dog” at Quick Sip. Read the review.
- Jeff Xilon included “It’s Easy to Shoot A Dog” in his short fiction roundup. Read it.
- Gary Tognetti at The 1000 Year Plan included “It’s Easy To Shoot A Dog” in their September roundup of stories. Read it. It was also included as a must-read (!!!) on their list of best stories from September. Read it.
- “The Root Cellar” is included on author Jason Sanford’s list of “Best Short Fiction Through June 2018” (thank you!). It’s on his Patreon. Read it.
Bits & bobs
- There’s a great list of SFF stories with moms over at ForestOfGlory’s blog. It includes my story “Firstborn” from Capricious. Read the list.
- My story “Bioluminescence” (originally published in Phobos) will be reprinted in Gorgon: Stories of Emergence. Read the TOC announcement.
- I’ve been invited as a panelist to Arisia! Arisia is “New England’s Largest, Most Diverse Sci-Fi & Fantasy Convention”, and takes place in January in Boston. I am really excited about this, and will hopefully see some of you there next year. Check out Arisia’s website.